'Tis the season for slow roasting on Sundays! As previously chronicled a few weeks ago with a post-roasted chicken feature involving a chicken soup, we were at it again this Sunday with another delicious roasted chicken using Ina Garten's Perfect Roast Chicken Recipe - I highly recommend it! My husband started a new diet recently and has been seriously cutting back on carbs. While Grace and I are proceeding "full carb ahead", or at least not excluding them entirely, we've enjoyed some of his no carb options as well.
Last night, in addition to the chicken and carrots, onions, and fennel that are included with the recipe, I also tried my hand at Cheddar Cauliflower Mashed "Potatoes". They were delicious. The recipe I linked to here was followed loosely, as I have a difficult time "just following the damn directions" as my husband says. Here was the gist of my approach:
- Steam or boil chopped cauliflower for approx. 6 minutes
- Drain and try to get out as much water as possible
- Add cauliflower, 1 TBSP cream cheese, 1/4c parmesan cheese, 1 TBSP chicken broth, black pepper to taste to food processor (or blender in my case)
- Puree (or puree most of the cauliflower, but leave some chunks to mash if you should so desire.)
- Finally, top with cheddar cheese. (The recipe called for additional bacon, butter, and chives but I left these out and they were still delicious!)
|Looking for a tried and true Roasted Chicken Recipe? Try this one.|